Thursday, January 23, 2014

A new year - a new Wacky Watercooler Welcome 2014 Blog Hop ...




Wow! It's 2014. Not only do we have a new Wacky Watercooler Blog Hop, but we have a new seasonal catalogue and Sale-a-Bration coming up.

If you started at the beginning, you've arrived here from the fabulous Jean Fitch's blog.

I challenged myself to go beyond my comfort zone with this Hop. By that I mean I decided not to use any Crumb Cake! It seems I use a lot of Crumb Cake. Guess it is my go-to colour. And why not? After all it goes with practically everything!

But it's good to stretch myself and see where I can go. For my first project, I'm still thinking Christmas. In the 2014 Celebrate the Everyday seasonal catalogue is the gorgeous Watercolour Wonder Designer Washi Tape. I thought it would make a great contemporary Christmas Card.


Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Cardstock: Whisper White
Ink: Gold Encore Metallic
Other: Watercolour Wonder Designer Washi Tape, gold stars I had from I don't remember what or when

Next up I used a stamp set I received at Convention last summer - Yippee-Skippee! It's a fun name and I tried to create a fun card.

Stamps: Yippee-Skippee!, Chalk Talk, Eye-catching Ikat photopolymer
Cardstock: Pistachio Pudding, Whisper White, Basic Black, Summer Starfruit
Ink: Pistachio Pudding, Coastal Cabana, Staz-On Black
Other: Candy Dots, Chalk Talk Framelits, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch, Sweet Sorbet Designer Series paper - a Sale-a-Bration item.

And finally, I wanted to make a set of 4 X 4 cards with custom envelopes created using the Envelope Punch Board and Sweet Sorbet DSP.

Stamps: Petal Parade and You're Lovely - both Sale-a-Bration items.
Cardstock: Whisper White, Pistachio Pudding, Crisp Cantaloupe
Ink: Pistachio Pudding, Crisp Cantaloupe, Smoky Slate
Other: Sweet Sorbet (SAB), Envelope Punch Board

Your next stop is the wonderfully talented Buffy Cooper. Just click the Next button to see Buffy's offerings. If you want to go back and visit Jean's blog again, click the Back button. You can also click Home to see the complete list of participants. Happy Hopping!

http://i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv247/jlfstudio/nextwatercoolercrockbutton.jpg




http://buffycooper.com 


http://wackywatercoolerstamping.blogspot.com -

15 comments:

  1. Great projects, Gail. I love the washi tape Christmas tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Washi Tape tree is so adorable. Great job on all your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, Gail! I love the gold tape with the white on white card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cards, Gail. I especially love that clever little cake from washi tape.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great projects, Gail! I like how you used the Petal Parade - that set is growing on me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gail, the clean look of your 4 x 4 cards are simply wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now how come I saw that wash tape card as a cake instead of a tree? Probably because I didn't read the banner. I will use it as a wedding cake though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gail, that card is awesome whether it's a tree or a cake. Actually, if the Washi Tape doesn't carry over, I'll buy a few packages so that my group can have some fun making those eye-catching Christmas cards. I love the way you've used that Ikat stamp and paper but (and I'm afraid you'll consider me a heretic) Ikat gives me a headache.

    I have to use my Envelope Punch Board more frequently. Seeing your wonderful 4"x4" cards with those matching envelopes just makes me itch to make some myself. Your choice of colours is spot on, especially with the name of the DSP. Sweet Sorbet, indeed. Thank you for being part of the hop and for your great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the gold and white together- happy crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gail, your projects are great! I can't wait to try some of the 4x4 cards. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way to work yourself into a new set of colors, with a lovely set of projects Gail. On the other hand you can try what I did with my addiction to Crumb Cake/Kraft colors...I moved on to Baked Brown Sugar! Some of us have to work up to dramatic changes in our lives. LOL.

    Your Washi Tape Cake is my fav though Yippee Skippee is fast becoming one of my favorite sets too. Gotta love the freedom the Envelope Punch Board gives us on project sizes now too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi gail, between you & jean, the watercolor washi tape is growing on me! i especially love your 4x4 cards. what a great design for simple thank you's to include with orders! thanks for sharing your creativity ~ smiles, karen ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great projects Gail! Really like your second card, great design.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, Gail! I got here through Dashboard. Remembering you fondly. HAPPY 2014 stamping!

    ReplyDelete

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...