Tuesday, March 16, 2010


Does the cyber-world really need one more blog?

Apparently! So here I am.

I am a Stampin' Up demo and also work in the photo lab of a pharmacy chain store. Stamping has been my creative outlet for almost seven years now, and I am still excited when the new catalogues and minis come out. I love all the techniques I have learned through the years, but my all-time favourite is watercolouring. I think it's because I've always wished I could be an artist. That's the appeal of stamping to me - it makes my feel like an artist. So I'd like to share with you my latest attempt at being an artist. This was inspired by a design I saw on Splitcoast Stampers.
The stamp set is Peace Within. I embossed the image on Kraft card stock by first loading the stamp with Versamark and then Chocolate Chip Classic Ink. Then I bleached the areas I wanted to colour in, except for the chair. On the chair I used the white watercolour pencil.
My preferred method of watercolouring is to use the markers and scribble them on the lid of a stamp case and then pick up the colour with an aquapainter. Markers used for this were Not Quite Navy, Summer Sun and Old Olive. The centres of the flowers were done with a white gel pen.
The image was matted on Whisper White CS and the bottom edge punched with the new Scallop Trim Border punch from the Sale-a-Bration mini. That was matted on Summer Sun and the base is Old Olive.

4 comments:

  1. Hey, Gail -- welcome to the blogosphere! I love how you used the bleach and the white watercolor pencil to make your adirondack chair look like faded whitewash -- fabulous! Watercoloring is my style, too, so I'll be sure to check back in with you to see what's up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa. I still have a lot to learn about this blogging thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the world of blogging Gail. You've created a fun and inspiring space here. I'm looking forward to future posts and future visits.

    One technical note: Currently your blog header when clicked on takes me to Shabbyblogs.com instead of back to the top of your own blog as is the usual thing. You might want to check your link for that.

    Hugs from a sister demo - Jean

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jean. I did have the wrong link - obviously!

    ReplyDelete

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...