Saturday, July 6, 2013

A new wheel!

No, I haven't got a new vehicle but I did just get a new stamping wheel! I don't use them a lot, but when I do I tell myself I have to use them more often. Wheels are a great way to make a background design very quickly.

Like this:

The wheel is called Shop Around (item # 129587 on page 98) and it reminds me of old newspaper ads. I love looking at old newspaper ads, especially for women's fashions. To use a wheel, I just roll it repeatedly over an ink pad until the entire wheel is inked and then just wheel it across your cardstock. Or paper bag! In this sample, I used a bit of the packing paper that used to come in Stampin' Up orders. I still have quite a bit of it, and it's wonderful to use for all kinds of things, from covering my table when I stamp to using it to stamp right onto. The ink is Baked Brown Sugar (item #131174 on page 141).

The image layer was then glued onto Very Vanilla cardstock (item #101650 on page 145) which was glued onto a Baked Brown Sugar cardstock (item #131296 on page 141) base. Baked Brown Sugar is one of the yummy new In-Colour collection in the brand new catalogue.

The sentiment is from Perfectly Penned (item #122892 - clearmount; #128703 - woodmount on page 95) and stamped in Baked Brown Sugar on Very Vanilla. It was then run through the Big Shot die cutting machine (item #113439 on page184) to cut it out with one of the framelits from the set Apothecary Accents (item #127003 on page 187). I then used the same framelit to cut a shape out of the Baked Brown Sugar cardstock, which I then cut in half width-wise and layered it under the stamped piece.

To balance the sentiment, I used a piece of the 7/16" Naturals Trim (item #129287 on page 173) to wrap around the corner. Then I threaded a piece of Linen Thread (item # 104199 on page 173) through a button from the brand new Very Ventage Designer Buttons (item #129327 on page169) and tied it onto the Naturals Trim.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gail,
    I love that wheel as well as the new Baked Brown Sugar colour we've added. You've used them beautifully. I hadn't thought of using some of that brown paper that comes with the orders, but it certainly looks good (and aged) in this card. I'll have to file that idea in the back of my mind for future use. I've been playing around with the Shop Around wheel, too. We'll see what I wind up with.
    Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...