Friday, June 28, 2013

What's the deal with Washi Tape????

Sure, I had heard about Washi Tape. Maybe I had seen samples using Washi Tape, but I wasn't really sure about it. And I didn't get why some people are so excited about Stampin' Up now carrying Washi Tape.

Well, now I get it! I finally got my hands on some and have to say, it's kinda fun! Here's what I created using the Epic Day Designer Series Paper - to make the 'cake' - and the Epic Day Washi Tape.

Also used on this card is the Banner Greetings stamp set. It's one of the hostess sets in the new catalogue. I stamped it using a brand new colour - Smoky Slate. Love this colour! I used a black Stampin' Write Marker to do the doodling on the cake layers, and then I stamped randomly over the Epic Day DSP using the fun new rotary stamp. It's so fun!! The cardstock is Tangerine Tango.

I will be using more Washi Tape. It's a quick and easy way to accent a card.

How about you? Are you crazy for Washi Tape?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gail. This is an explosion of patterns---but it works. Will you mind if I do something similar for one of my cards?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heidi! It sure is an explosion. Was very fun to do, just kind of slapping Washi Tape willy nilly.

      I would be honoured if you wanted to use my idea! Can't wait to see what you do.

      Delete

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...