Saturday, March 29, 2014

Needing a little sunshine on a gloomy day ...

It's been raining most of the day here on the Sunshine Coast. My Mom, who has lived here for 25 years, calls it Liquid Sunshine. At least we are not in the grip of the relentless winter that seems to have set in permanently in most of the North American continent. So, I'm not complaining.

But, when I was trying to get inspired to stamp something, I kept gravitating to a piece of Bermuda Bay cardstock left over from a previous project. Sitting right beside it was my Daffodil Delight ink pad. What a cheerful combination for a day like today!

Not wanting to go searching too hard for stamps, I again looked at what was sitting on my work surface. Enter Feel Goods and Eye-Catching Ikat and this 4X4 card almost made itself!



I think the chevron image from the Eye-Catching Ikat set, inked with Bermuda Bay and stamped first full strength and then stamped off for a lighter shade, looks like the waves of the ocean. And the cheery Daffodil Delight sun has a DD Candy Dot in the middle. I stamped this sunburst first on the main image panel and then again on a scrap piece of Whisper White cardstock. After cutting it out, I popped it up with a Dimensional. The sentiment from Feel Goods is stamped in Smoky Slate.

Playing with some bright colours is a great way to spend a rainy afternoon, don't you agree?

Stamps: Feel Goods, Eye-Catching Ikat
Ink: Smoky Slate, Daffodil Delight, Bermuda Bay
Cardstock: Bermuda Bay, Whisper White
Other: Candy Dots




No comments:

Post a Comment

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...