Sunday, June 1, 2014

WCC01 - New In-Colors

It's a new month, we're on the verge of a new Stampin' Up catalogue becoming available and the Watercooler group is embarking on a new venture - a Challenge Blog!

In case you're wondering what - or who - the Watercooler is, we are a group of Stampin' Up demonstrators who gather from time to time at our virtual watercooler and discuss topics covering many aspects of our lives. Sometimes we even talk about stamping!

For many months now we have been doing Blog Hops and having a lot of fun with them. For myself, it's been a great way to challenge myself as all the participants are extremely talented and offer a lot of inspiration.

We decided to start doing a Challenge Blog so that anyone, anywhere in the world, can join in the fun. This first challenge is all about the new 2014-2015 In Colours. They are all yummy! I decided to use Mossy Meadow and Hello Honey as my colours. And, can I just say - the new ribbon is very easy to work with and has a beautiful texture! I don't tend to use ribbon a lot as I find it difficult to tie neat bows. I think I will use this new ribbon a lot.

And I just had to also use the brand new Blendabilities alcohol markers! The flower image is from Bloom With Hope - a new Hostess set with endless possibilites. My idea was to colour it with the Skin Tone set of Blendabilites, but it didn't look like the image I had in my brain. So I went over it with the lightest shade of the Cherry Cobbler Blendabilities and then blended that with the Nude marker from the Skin Tones. I coloured the center of the flower with the Daffodil Delight Stamp 'n Write Marker, added a few lines with the Bronze Blendabilities and then a few highlighting dots with the Signo Jell Pen.

The sentiment is also from the Bloom With Hope set and I stamped it with Mossy Meadow, along with the leaves from the same set on a piece of the very nice Moonlight Designer Series Paper Stack.

Also a new technique for me is the way this card is held closed by the ribbon. This was done using the Scallop Tag Topper punch.

Whew! That was pretty long-winded, so I better show you what I created.



Here's a recap of ingredients:
Stamps: Bloom With Hope (hostess)
Cardstock: Whisper White, Mossy Meadow, Hello Honey
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Mossy Meadow, Cherry Cobbler and Skin Tones Blendabilities, Daffodil Delight marker, Signo Jell Pen
Other: Mossy Meadow 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon, Scallop Tag Topper Punch

If you want to participate just go to the Watercooler Challenges blog here.

6 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful! You are the first to post! You should get a prize just for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your creativity in mixing and matching Blendabilities pens, not just using the pre-set sets. I'm not that brave yet, but your result is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful colors and composition. I appreciate your description of coloring the flower because it is Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gail I love your card and so glad that you joined us. I look forward to seeing what you do for future challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gail! Wow! I absolutely love your card. That's my favourite among the Hostess sets, too. What a beautiful creation you've shared with us, using Blendabilities as well as those gorgeous new colours, Hello Honey and Mossy Meadow. I love the ribbon, too. It's wonderful to tie and lies so nicely on the card. Congratulatiosn for being number one to post. I agree, there should be something special for that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This has so many fabulous "extras." I love the colors you chose - and the stamps. And the closure for the card. And the way you colored the flower. Nice!! TFS

    ReplyDelete

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...