Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Inspired by St. John's Jelly Bean Row

My niece visited the Maritimes recently and took some lovely photos, including one of what is known as Jelly Bean Row in St. John's Newfoundland. They are vibrantly coloured Victorian row houses. And perfect to use as an inspiration for colouring with Stampin' Up's Blendabilities.

I received an order yesterday that contained 3 new sets of Blendabilities and the Colour Lifter. It also contained one of the fabulous Hostess Sets in this new annual catalogue - Life's Adventure. There is a stamp of what is very similar to a Victorian row house.

So I immediately got out cardstock, Memento Tuxedo Black ink and my Stamp-a-ma-jig and went to work.

First, I'll share the photo my very talented niece Christine took:


I stamped 2 card fronts on Whisper White cardstock and coloured one house with Cherry Cobbler, a second with Daffodil Delight and the third with Coastal Cabana Blendabilities. The little porch on each house was coloured with Old Olive Blendabilities. With the colour lifter, I lightened up some areas on each house.

But, I couldn't decide what colour to mount the images on. So I put one on Mossy Meadow and the other one on Lost Lagoon.







Here's a recap of materials used:
Stamps: Life's Adventure (Hostess set)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Cherry Cobbler, Daffodil Delight, Coastal Cabana, Old Olive Blendabilities collections
Cardstock: Whisper White, Mossy Meadow, Lost Lagoon
Other: Stamp-a-ma-Jig, Scallop Oval punch, Extra Large Oval punch, colour lifter

Colouring is one of my favourite things to do. How about you? Have you tried Blendabilities yet? If you live on the Sunshine Coast in BC and want to learn how to use them in a class, leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...