Friday, December 18, 2015

Christmas Cards-in-Boxes

Or is it Cards-in-a-Box? Or Card-in-Boxes?

We had a bit of a discussion about this the other day on our Stampin' Up! demonstrator discussion site. Don't think  we came to any definitive consensus. What do you think it is? Leave me a comment in the comment section at the bottom of my post and tell me what you think!

Anyway, I had a custom order for six Christmas cards, and my customer wanted three of them to be cards-in-boxes. I love making these, although they are time consuming - depending on how much detail you want. They are also a good way to use up scraps, retired designer paper, etc. Here is my collection:

The middle one of Santa going head-first down the chimney, was inspired by a fellow Stampin' Up! demonstrator, Linda Bauwin, who had done it as a wrapper for a chocolate bar. The chimney is created using the Brick Wall embossing folder. Here's a side view:

There is a lot of sparkle from the Silver Glimmer Paper. The icicles at the top of the chimney are a scrap left over after cutting out words using the Christmas Greetings Thinlits dies. The word 'jolly' is glued onto a piece of clear acetate to make it look like it is floating.

Cherry Cobbler cardstock was embossed with the Brick Wall EF and I used a white gel pen to make the 'mortar' between the bricks.

Here's a side-view of the houses:

 
This uses the retired Holiday Home framelits and Frostwood Lodge designer paper.

And the snowmen:

The snowmen are from the retired Snow Much Fun stamp set and the designer paper is scraps I've been hoarding er - saving - from the Winter Frost designer paper.

Hope everyone is ready for the Christmas season and will enjoy spending time with friends and family!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...