Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Basket of Chicks!

Just a quick post today. I'm playing around with some designs for Easter cards for kids. Of course, I had to use the very cute little chick from the Honeycomb Happiness stamp set that is available during Sale-A-Bration. Get this set FREE with an order of regular product totalling $60 Cdn. What could be better than that?

I pulled out my long-retired Bigz Baskets & Blooms die for the basket - modified slightly to make it smaller. This was fun to put together, even though I didn't have a clear vision of what I was going to do - except for the basket and chicks. So, here it is:


The basket piece is cut from the Crumb Cake sheet in the Perfectly Artistic DSP pack, also available FREE with a $60 Cdn. purchase during SAB. I stamped it with one of the patterns from Timeless Textures, a new set in the Occasions 2016 catalogue, and sponged the edges.

My fringe scissors made the perfect grass, cut from Cucumber Crush cardstock, as well as to make the filler in the basket using Watermelon Wonder cardstock.

At first, I wasn't sure how I wanted to use the balloon stamp that comes in the Honeycomb Happiness set. I stamped just the balloon part onto Whisper White, coloured them with Watermelon Wonder and a blender pen then used clear Wink of Stella to give them a lovely shine. And fussy cut them.

After all that work, I thought, hmmm - why didn't I just stamp them right onto the cardstock I was using on my card???? Apparently because I like to take the difficult route!

The chicks were also stamped first onto Whisper White CS, coloured with Hello Honey using a blender pen, and fussy cut. Used up some retired thick Baker's Twine - I think it is Bermuda Bay - to make a bow for the handle of the basket.

Just realized it needs a greeting. Will have to add that later. Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...