Thursday, January 19, 2017

Wacky Watercooler Celebrates Occasions Catalogue and Sale-a-Bration: Take Two

http://wackywatercoolerstamping.blogspot.com
Welcome to our second Mini Hop celebrating the new 2017 Occasions Catalogue and the annual Sale-a-Bration promotion. It's an exciting time of year to be a Stampin' Up demonstrator. I attended OnStage Local in November and got a sneek peek at both catalogues, as well as the chance to play with new stuff. And -- brought a lot of new stamp sets home with me!!! And the brand new Watercolour Pencils.

As our Blog Hop works in a circular fashion, you can work your way around be clicking on the 'Next' button to take you to each participant's blog. If you have been following along, you've arrived here from Jayme's blog. We are so happy to have her join our line-up.

First up is a card I did using several new products: Hey Chick and Tie Dyed stamp sets, Watercolour Pencils and Cupcakes and Carousels Designer Series Paper Stack.
I used the Calypso Coral Ombre Stampin' Pad (found in the annual catalgue) to ink up the large stamp from Tie Dyed and stamped it onto Whisper White cardstock, then mounted it onto Emerald Envy. It is a two-step stamp, but I only used one of the images.

Next, I stamped the chicken on Whisper White CS, using Memento Tuxedo Black ink, and coloured with Daffodil Delight, Real Red and Pumpkin Pie Watercolour Pencils. I did some blending with a Blender Pen. The chicken is popped up on Dimensionals.

Add one of the patterns from Cupcakes and Carousels DSP onto a Crumb Cake card base - and I think it makes a fun thank you!

Next up is a card I CASE-d (Copy And Share Everything) from the Occasions catalogue. The Dragonfly Dreams suite grabbed my attention as soon as I laid eyes on it at OnStage! You can find it on Page 26, along with the sample I CASE-d. This sample is actually the reason I ordered the Cupcakes and Carousels DSP Stack.

This card has a lot going on! If you look closely, you can see Emboss Resist, using So Saffron and Bermuda Bay inks. There are die-cuts using the Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits. The strip of diamonds at the top is from the DSP. And finally, there is a pearl on the gold foil dragonfly and a button (from a retired collection) with a linen thread bow on the Early Espresso/Bermuda Bay dragonfly.

All the colours are taken from the DSP. Sometimes it's really fun to CASE a project, especially one from one of our catalogues. Whoever designed this did a wonderful job, I think!

Next up, is Penny. I know you are going to love her projects! Just click on the 'Next' button to see what she has done.

http://pennytokensstampinspot.blogspot.cahttp://closetstampin.blogspot.com 

https://pennytokensstampinspot.blogspot.ca/2017/01/wacky-watercooler-january-mini-hop.htmlhttp://wackywatercoolerstamping.blogspot.com

11 comments:

  1. Gail, love the colour combos on both of your cards. I so LOVE your dragonfly card and all the different elements! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards, Gail!! I like how the chicken looks like she's throwing that 'thank you' back over her shoulder :) And I did the same thing - ordered the Cupcakes & Carousels DSP for that pattern!! But I'm using it for lots more. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cards Gail! I would never think to use Hey Chick and the Tie Dye in the same card, but it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to have to go look at the DSP, I completely overlooked it gazing at the dragonflies! Great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards Gail. I like that you're showcasing the Tie Die one in your post. It has a lot to offer. I also really like all the elements you've combined for your beautiful dragonfly card. So inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of your cards are beautiful. Well done! These are two of my favorite stamp sets from the Occasions Catty, and you did an awesome job using them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a shock to realize that the designer paper I totally ignored has such beautiful designs, Gail. You've certainly made me go back and have another, closer look. Your cards are both stunning! Mind you, I have a soft spot for those hens. Love, love, love the dragonflies and plan to get them with my next order. Right now I'm kicking myself that they didn't make my first one. Great job enabling, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the way you used the Tie Died stamp set with the Hey, Chick set. I was going to order the Tie Died set and didn't now I'm kicking myself. Your CASE using the Dragonfly Dreams set is amazing. I actually bought the DSP because of that card! Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful cards, Gail! My favorite is the dragon fly card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea to use the tie dye stamp for a background. Wonderful combo of elements in your first card. I totally agree with the effect of the sample card. It convinced me as well to get the DSP stack. Now I need another as the first is almost gone! The dragonfly set of course was a no-brainer. Love what you did with it. Super to see you in the hop again Miss Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty creations. Using the Tie Die stamp with the ombre ink pad is a wonderful idea. Your dragonfly card is lovely too...a favorite set! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...