Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Watercooler Wednesday Challenge #117 - Heidi's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

First off, I want to welcome our two new members to the Watercooler Challenge Design Team: Fiona and Judy.

Our challenge this week, hosted by Heidi, is about all things feminine.
For this one, I went back to the flowers - why not? 

As you may or may not know, this is an exciting time in Stampin' Up! world. Our new catalogue will be available for customers to order from on June 1. But that means we are saying goodbye to many products from the current catalogue.

There is a stamp set I had been looking at all year but couldn't quite decide whether or not to get it. When the retired list was released, I saw that it was carrying over, however it would not be bundled with the co-ordinating framelits.

So, I went for it. Mostly because I really wanted the jar images. But, I've been having fun with the flowers in the set too! The stamp set is Jar of Love. The framelits are Everyday Jars.
I was going for a look of terra cotta with the jar. To get that, I used the Calypso Coral Ombre ink pad like a stamp - just pressing it onto a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock. After cutting it out with the jar framelit, I sponged it with Crumb Cake ink

Next, I sponged a bit of Crumb Cake ink onto the bottom of the Whisper White piece, using a Post-it note as a mask to get the straight edge. When I put half a doily on top, it didn't show up enough, so I sponged more Crumb Cake ink around it and over it  - using it as a stencil.

Then it was time to play with the flowers! I wanted a lush, colourful display. While trying to decide on colours, I came across a colour I don't use nearly enough - Rose Red. For the bigger blooms, I used Crushed Curry. Really like how vibrant the two colours are together.

The Rose Red flowers are stamped right onto the Whisper White. To get placement for them and the stems, I turned the jar over and used it as a mask while I stamped the images. For the stems and leaves, I used Old Olive and Pear Pizzaz.

After die-cutting the Crushed Curry flowers, I sponged around the edges to cover the white outline left after cutting. Some of them are glued down onto the Whisper White, and the rest of them are popped up on dimensionals.

I almost didn't leave room for a sentiment - but the 'just for you' from So in Love just fit. And I love the font.

Now check out Watercooler Wednesday and see what the other artists have done.
 

6 comments:

  1. Wow Gail, love this floral card. What could be more feminine that a beautiful Spring bouquet. Those flowers are fairly popping off the page! Beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Penny. It actually came out as I had hoped. That doesn't always happen!

      Delete
  2. I love this Gail - love the terracotta look you've got with the jar - I might have to CASE that one lol! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card, Gail! I love the Rose Red with Crushed Curry. Great color combo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Buffy. Sometimes I have to remind myself there are lots of great colours in the SU lineup. It's easy to get in a rut and reach for the same ones every time.

      Delete

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...