Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Watercooler Wednesday Challenge #135 - Judy's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

http://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.ca/
Judy brings us a Feminine Anything Goes Challenge this week.
For my card this week, I used a hostess set from the 2017-2018 Annual Catalogue. All the hostess sets in this current catalogue are outstanding, but the Tranquil Tulips really caught my eye, and I was finally able to get it. Just in time for this challenge!
This set is a two-step set - my favourite kind! - and it has a watercolour look to it - my favourite technique!

I started by stamping the tulips with Melon Mambo, then stamped the leaves with Wild Wasabi on watercolour paper. Next I used a small watercolour paint brush, wet but not saturated, and just painted over the stamped images to smooth them out.

When that was dry, I went in with the same brush, again wet but not saturated, dipped into drops of Soft Sky ink and did a wash across the piece.

To give a bit of detail to everything, again using the paint brush, I mixed some water with a drop of Tranquil Tide ink and splattered it across everything.

Now, have a closer look at the dragonfly.
It is cut with the Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits, from a brand new product you will find in the 2017 Holiday Catalogue - Champagne Foil. Isn't it stunning? Because I haven't been able to stop using the Black Rhinestones, also from the Holiday Catalogue, I went all out and used all three sizes on the body of the dragonfly.

A thin border of Basic Black cardstock is the perfect accent for the watercolour piece, and it's all mounted on a Tranquil Tide cardbase.

Now, go create your own Feminine Anything Goes! Visit Watercooler Wednesday to be inspired by the rest of the Watercooler Artists - and a special Guest Artist as a bonus.
 


2 comments:

  1. As usual you've taken the artistic road to get to your beautiful creation this week. Love that watercolour piece. Going in with your brushes afterwards to smooth out the ink and to get that Soft Sky background is perfect. Love the splatter and those little black rhinestones along the dragonfly's body.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gail. Another beautiful piece of artwork. Love the tulips pared with the dragonfly. Nice combo. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...