Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Watercooler Wednesday Challenge #148 - Heidi's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

http://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.ca/
It's time for Anything Goes and our host this week, Heidi has given it feminine theme.
I took this opportunity to take a break from making Christmas cards. Also, went back to the basics of ink, paper, stamps. It is one of my favourite things to do and I find it relaxing - almost like meditating. Other than deciding on the stamp set - Tranquil Tulips, and  ink colours - Fresh Fig, Old Olive, I had no other plan and just started putting ink on the stamp and applying it to the Whisper White cardstock.

And here is the result:
This deceptively simple stamp set, which is an exclusive hostess set, produces spectacular results. I used the stamps with full strength ink - no stamping off - and the stamps are designed to give all this amazing detail  and texture.

The card base is Fresh Fig, as is the 1/2" finely woven ribbon. I used a Clear Faceted Gem (it's covering a spot that didn't get fully inked - but that will be our little secret!) on one of the tulips.

Want to see what the rest of the team has done? Just go to Watercooler Wednesday and check it out!

2 comments:

  1. Every time I see a card featuring the Tranquil Tulips set I kick myself I didn't get it. So beautiful. I really like your colour mix and the simplicity of this card. You can never go wrong with simple stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Penny. It really is my favourite thing to do. And, you still have time to get this set!

    ReplyDelete

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...