Wednesday, February 28, 2018

WWC159 - Marsha's All About Christmas

http://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.ca/
Time to add to your stash of Christmas cards! Marsha is hosting our All About Christmas challenge  this week.

In every catalogue, there is a stamp set that really appeals to me, but for some reason I put off getting  it. Then, when the catalogue is just about to retire, I finally decide to get it.

Good Tidings was that set for me in the 2017 Holiday Catalogue. it is a two-step holly design with a watercolour look to it. Even though I really liked it, once I got it, I didn't use it. Silly, I know! So, it was time to  ink it up for this challenge.
I only used two colours for the holly: Old Olive and  Cherry Cobbler. The images for the bottom layer were stamped off, then  I used the detail layers full strength. The sentiment is done with Always Artichoke.

These images have a nostalgic feel to them, I think. I didn't want to use Whisper White - thought it would be too bright. So I stamped the images on Very Vanilla for a softer look. It also  gives a warmer tone to the colours.

The DSP is from Delightful Daisy, and  the card base is Cherry Cobbler.

For a little bit of sparkle, I used some of the Glitter Epoxy Shapes, from the 2018 Occasions Catalogue, on the berries. Here's a close-up look at those:

For more Christmas inspiration, check out Watercooler Wednesday and have a look at the wonderful projects from the other Watercooler Artists.

8 comments:

  1. Gail, I kick myself for not having ordered that stamp set, especially when I see such beautiful cards as this one which you've created. The holly is stunning. I love the way the stamping looks as if you've watercoloured it. Adding the epoxy to the berries was a brilliant move.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done that too Heidi! That's why I decided to just go for it with this one. I'm happy I did.

      Delete
  2. I love that watercolour look! So pretty. This is a lovely Christmas card. - Charlotte E/Lady Joyful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charlotte! Would be really easy to do mulitiples of this. The watercolour look is my favourite.

      Delete
  3. thanks for the reminder to stamp off to change the shade of the colour. Beautiful image of the holly, and love the card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine. Glad you like the reminder - it's something I do a lot.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful design, Gail. I love the way you've colored it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marsha. There is actually no colouring involved with this - the stamp set does it all. I love sets like that!

      Delete

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...