Wednesday, March 28, 2018

WWC163 - Penny's All About Christmas Challenge

http://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.ca/
It's Christmas again at the Watercooler, as Penny hosts our All About Christmas Challenge.
I'm trying to use more of the Designer Series Paper I buy. Usually, I buy packages of DSP where there are 2 or 3 of the patterns I really love -  and then, I don't want to cut it! I know I'm not the only one who does this.

In the 2017 Holiday Catalogue, there were two collections that really caught my eye: Year of Cheer and Merry Music. I've used both of them on my card.
 
I used a piece of Year of Cheer for the main background and matted it with Champagne Foil, which I also used to die cut the deer from the Santa's Sleigh Thinlits. A strip of Merry Music is a perfect background for the deer. The card base in Thick Whisper White.

The sentiment is stamped with Black Archival ink, and is from Christmas Pines.

I have to say, I don't remember if I had seen this design somewhere online. If so, I don't remember where, as I can't find it on my Pinterest boards, so unfortunately am unable to give credit.

This is such a simple, yet striking design. I think I should make up a few more and get a head start on next Christmas!

If you are looking to get a head start on your list for Christmas 2018, head on over to Watercooler Wednesday for more samples from the rest of the team.

3 comments:

  1. Wow Gail, what a terrific way to use up those scraps. I like the way you married up these beautiful designer papers with your foil and thought outside the box withthat Santa's sleigh reindeer. Great way to get more use out of your dies. Thanks for sharing your beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always great to use up some of those scraps we have around, and even better when it comes together so well. I imagine it is lovely and shiny IRL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Gail, this is such a striking card. I love the elegance of the paper combination. Combined with the foil matte and that regal die-cut foil deer, your card is a show-stopper.

    ReplyDelete

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...