Wednesday, August 1, 2018

WWC181 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/
Kath brings us a feminine theme this week. This theme is one that lends itself well to going all out with all kinds of girly things, which can be a lot of fun.

Or, it can be done with simplicity, such as a one-layer card. Like this one:
Not only is this a somewhat minimalist design, but I further simplified things by using one of Stampin' Up's pre-cut and pre-scored 3x5 Whisper White note cards. Perfect for when you need to do a quick card.

The background from Bokeh Dots is the perfect size for the note cards. And using the Stamparatus meant I could easily do a lot of cards with this same design in a short time.

Because the Stamparatus has two plates, I was able to  set up the Bokeh Dots stamp on one plate and the image from Dandelion Wishes with the sentiment from Wood Words on the other plate.

Using a sponge brayer, I inked up the Bokeh Dots stamp with Coastal Cabana - one of the returning colours. I did have to ink and stamp a few times to get the result I wanted. Love the Stamparatus!

To get the dandelion image in two colours, I used Post It notes to mask off the sides of the bokeh image, and inked the dandelion image with Tranquil Tide. After removing the side masks, I then masked the stamped portion, again lining up the mask with the sides, and inked the stamp with Coastal Cabana and stamped again.

I inked the sentiment with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and stamped at the same time as doing the sides of the dandelion. Did I mention I love the Stamparatus? It took no time at all to stamp a whole stack of these.

Now check out Watercooler Wednesday to see what the rest of the talented Watercooler Artists have done.
 

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I love stamps that make a complete design without a lot of embellisments. These two sets really do that.

      Delete
  2. Delicate and lovely, Gail ... there's such a delicious dreaminess about these soft dandelions! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anita! I don't know what it is about dandelions, but they really appeal to me - in all their states.

      Delete

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...