Wednesday, December 5, 2018

WWC199 - Tristan's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

Taking a break from Christmas cards? Check out this week's challenge hosted by Tristan.
https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/
I don't think I'm the only crafter who has supplies that sometimes get pushed to the back burner. While perusing Pinterest the other day, I came across a stunning card created by Karen Dunbrook. She used Brushos and I realized I hadn't used mine in a while.

They are so easy to use and I'm always surprised at the results. I wanted to use the resist technique as Karen had done on her card.
First step was to stamp some images and a sentiment from the Dandelion Wishes stamp set on watercolour paper with Versamark Ink, then emboss with white embossing powder.

Next, I sprinkled some Brushos - Prussian Blue, Yellow and Gamboge (orange) in different areas. Obviously, I went a little heavy on the blue. Then spritz liberally with water.

I did use a small paint brush to move some of the colour around. After it dried, I wanted some areas of the blue to be darker. In an empty embellishment container, I mixed a few grains of Brushos with some water and used the paint brush to get in the areas where I wanted it darker.

When it was totally dry, I mounted the piece onto Whisper White cardstock and then mounted that to the Tranquil Tide card base.

Lastly, I randomly placed some Glitter Epoxy Shapes. They are a little hard to see as they are clear, but I love how they look on the darker areas. Here's a closeup:
Visit Watercooler Wednesday for more wonderful projects from the Watercooler Artist team. And - a special announcement!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Gail, another piece of art! I love the Brusho background and the placement of your dandelion and flying seeds. A beautiful creation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heidi! Brushos really do all the work, which makes them so fun to use.

      Delete

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...