Tuesday, August 17, 2010

My Mom!

Today's post is dedicated to my Mom. She is a master recycler! Give her almost any object and she can make something out of it. For a few years now she has been taking plastic shopping bags, cutting them into strips and then crocheting them into other useful objects. She has made a round, 4-ft. in diameter rug for a deck, numerous fishing hats and over 200 tote bags. Everyone in the family saves plastic bags for her as many businesses out here on the Sunshine Coast either don't use them anymore, charge for them, or use biodegradeable bags. This is a messenger bag she made and gave to me. Lucky me!



Since I am still unpacking, I have been going through clothes that I know will never fit me again in this life! So, I took a bunch of jeans and my Big Shot and the Scallop Square die and the Bigz Island Floral die and the Bigz Clear Flower die and the Beautiful Butterflies die to my Mom's one day and this is what happened! I call them Flower Power Bags.

Bag #1

Bag #2 Front



Bag #2 - Back



This is a great way to recycle old, worn out denim jeans and clothes that would otherwise be thrown away.

Have a Very Stamping Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...