Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Watercooler Wednesday Challenge #127 - Judy's All About Birthdays Challenge

http://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.ca/
One type of card everyone needs from time to time is birthday cards. Judy's All About Birthdays Challenge is a perfect time to build up your card stash.
I've had a background piece sitting on my table for weeks - just waiting to be used. And this was the perfect opportunity.
The background was one I had done when I was playing around with various colours of ink pads and swiping them across glossy cardstock. Colours I used on this are Lemon Lime Twist, Tranquil Tide and Fresh Fig.

It turned out a lot darker than I had planned, and I just set it aside as it didn't inspire me at the time.

A few days after, I stamped the daisies, leaves, dots and circles with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. To try to lighten it up a bit, I used my Posca white paint pen to trace the daisies and make the little white dots on top of the black dots.

The sentiment is from the Rose Wonder set, stamped with Fresh Fig on a piece of Wood Textures DSP, then die cut with Lots of Labels. I cut another label, the same size, from Lemon Lime Twist cardstock. I cut that in half, then glued it onto either end to frame the sentiment. The card base is Fresh Fig.

I think this could be a gender-neutral birthday card.

Now head on over to Watercooler Wednesday for more birthday inspiration from  the Watercooler Artist Team.

2 comments:

  1. I love the combo of swiped background and stamping on this wonderful birthday card Gail. Beautifully crafted. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That background piece is a piece of art, Gail. Love the effect of the black and white images against that.

    ReplyDelete

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...