Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Watercooler Wednesday Challenge #129 - Libby's All About Christmas Challenge

It's time for another All About Christmas Challenge, presented this week by Libby.
I'm really liking having a Christmas Challenge as part of our regular rotation. How about you? By the time Christmas comes along, I should have a nice collection.

This week, I had the added incentive of receiving my order of a sneak peek bundle from the upcoming Holiday Catalogue! While it's only available to demonstrators until the end off July, the good news is that in August, it is available to everyone.

And believe me, you are going to want it! Here is my very first creation done with the Carols of Christmas stamp set and co-ordinating Card Front Builder Thinlits.
 
This is a CASE (Copy And Share Everything) of a design by Carol Payne that stopped me in my tracks when I saw it on Pinterest.

The main panel is a piece of Basic Black cardstock, embossed with the Woodlands Embossing Folder. After running it through the Big Shot, I took my Craft Whisper White ink pad and just dragged it from top to bottom on the de-bossed side. Then I used one of the Card Builder Thinlits at the top to cut out the moon and stars.

I cut the trees from the middle of the piece of silver glimmer paper that is under the embossed piece, and the deer are cut from Copper Foil.

The sentiment is embossed with Copper Embossing Powder on the Whisper White cardstock, then cut with a Stitched Shapes Framelit and popped up with Dimensionals.

For more Christmas inspiration, visit Watercooler Wednesday to see what the other artists have come up with.

2 comments:

  1. What a fab card Gail and great CASE of Carol's card! I love the subtle changes you incorporated in your card like the Whisper White ink on your debossed side and moving the deer to the opposite side. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Penny. I think this will be a really versatile bundle. And I can see using the Thinlits for non-Christmas designs, too.

    ReplyDelete

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...