Wednesday, June 6, 2018

WWC173 - Tenia's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

http://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/
Welcome to a new Watercooler Wednesday Challenge. This week's host is Tenia, with a Feminine Anything Goes theme.
My card for this challenge would surely win the prize for the most stamp sets and ink colours used on one card!
I made this for a friend who is taking a much-needed, long over-due break from work and gave it to her with a bottle of wine. So I was going for a relaxing scene with soothing, soft colours.

My starting point was the mountains, sky, water and grassy areas. These were done with the Waterfront stamp set. Some interest was added to the water area with the ripple image from High Tide.

Colours used for these areas: Sahara Sand, Soft Sky, Coastal Cabana, Old Olive and  Soft Sea Foam.

Next, I went to the Colourful Seasons stamp set and stamped the frame for the chair with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. For the  seat, I used Lovely Lipstick on Whisper White cardstock and fussy cut it.

Of course, there had to be a glass of wine and the Half Full stamp set had the perfect size! It is stamped with Gray Granite and the wine is  coloured with Merry Merlot (of course!) and a blender pen.

The glass of wine needed a table. So I searched through my stamp sets, looking for something that would work. When I looked at my stack of retired sets, I spotted Sprinkles of Life and had an ah-ha! moment when I looked at the image for the ice cream cone. Stamped with Crumb Cake on Whisper White CS, fussy cut and turned upside down, it made the perfect little table.

I thought it needed some colour in the upper left hand corner to balance out the bright red of the chair. For this, I cut the tree branch from a piece of Wood Textures DSP using the Seasonal Layers thinlits and stamped the flowers from Colourful Seasons with Grapefruit Grove.

This kind of stamping is something I really enjoy. It's fun to look at various stamp sets and combine them to create a scene. Give it a try!

To see what the rest of the team has done, just visit Watercooler Wednesday and be inspired.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful scene you've created Gail. What a lovely gift for your friend with the accompanying wine. I love how you incorporated the glass into your landscape. Nicely done and great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Penny. It was fun to do.

    ReplyDelete

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...