Wednesday, June 27, 2018

WWC176 - Kath's All About Christmas Challenge

http://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/
Are you ready to add to your Christmas card stash? Want to get a headstart on Christmas cards so you are not scrambling at the last minute? Kath has the solution for you this week!
A couple of weeks ago, I shared a card I made from bits and pieces that were laying around on my craft table. You can check it out here.

Today I have another one!
The elements on this card had all been created for other projects, down to the Crumb Cake cardstock. On the tree layer, I started by using my sponge brayer to apply Powder Pink, Berry Burst, and Fresh Fig inks, leaving the center area the lightest.

The trees are stamped with the pine tree from Lovely as a Tree in Memento Tuxedo Black ink. The sparkle is Dazzling Diamonds which I applied by first spattering some watered-down Tombow Liquid Glue before sprinkling with the glitter.

For the sentiment and snowflakes I used stamps from a Paper Pumpkin kit, in Fresh Fig and Tranquil Tide on Very Vanilla cardstock.

A scrap of lace trim provides an accent between this layer and the Copper Foil circle diecut with Stitched Shapes thinlits.

I'll have to do another clean-up session as things are piling up again. It's fun to do and surprises me as to how many cards I can complete in just a couple of hours.

For more Christmas inspiration, check out what the other Watercooler Artists have done at Watercooler Wednesday.

6 comments:

  1. Wow Gail, you always amaze me with your colour choices and design. Love the colours you've used for this creation and the way you've made a real "treasure" from the "scraps" you had at hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heidi! I need to do this more often. Clean up my workspace, that is. It's amazing how different things look when you don't see them for a while.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Robyn. I love doing things with ink.

      Delete
  3. I love this gorgeously rich background, Gail!! Great card. So eye- catching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen. I remember when I first did the brayering, I thought it was too dark. But, after putting away for a few months, it looked alright!

      Delete

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...