Wednesday, July 4, 2018

WWC177 - Charlotte's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

http://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/
A new challenge and a new  team member! This week, the Watercooler Artists welcome Crystal Komara to the lineup.
 
Charlotte is this week's host and brings us a Feminine Challenge.
In my continuing series featuring cards I've created when I went through piles of bits and pieces that had accumulated on my craft table, here is what I did for this challenge.
You've heard of The Flight of the Bumblebee? (If you haven't, check it out here as performed by Canadian Brass.) I'm calling this The Flight of the Butterfly.

In my desk clean-up I came across a little envelope with all these die-cut butterflies. They were cut with a long-retired Embosslit that I have forgotten the name of. An embosslit not only cut out a shape, but also embossed a pattern, which you can see if you look closely.

I thought I would pair them with a piece of Soft Sky cardstock embossed with the Layered Leaves embossing folder. The butterflies are Calypso Coral,  Island Indigo, Old Olive and Whisper White. For the card base, I used Island Indigo.

The ribbon was saved from some gift wrapping and has a bit of sparkle to it. For added texture (sometimes I don't know when to stop!) I used the Handwritten background stamp and Island Indigo ink and just stamped randomly all over.

I thought this design was busy enough so I didn't add a sentiment, but it could be a birthday card, thinking of you - or just a note card to say hello.

Visit Watercooler Wednesday to check out the creations from the rest of team - and say a hello and welcome to our new Design Team Artist, Crystal.


4 comments:

  1. Gail, you're a marvel, finding stashes of things on your desk and creating a stunning card like this. That embosslit, Beautiful Wings, is one which I, too, have kept. Butterflies are one of my weaknesses and so I couldn't give it up, despite it having been retired several years now. Love the colours you've used and the title. Flight of the butterfly is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heidi! The real marvel is not that I find stashes of things - it's that I occasionally do something with them LOL. It is kind of fun and freeing to fit bits together and try to create something without a plan.

      Delete
  2. Gail, you're not the only one who has "bits and baubles" lying around their craft room and sometimes they come in the most handy. Your butterflies are colorful and make me smile. I look forward to being on the WWC team with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Crystal! Yes, I'm sure I'm not alone in having piles of stuff on my work surface - it's part of being a crafter, isn't it? And at some point, they have to be dealt with. Welcome to the team!

      Delete

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...