Wednesday, September 12, 2018

WWC187 - Kath's All About Occasions Challenges

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/
Occasions happen all year long, and it's nice to have a stash of cards all ready to go at a moments notice.

This week I'm sharing a card I made at the request of my sister. She needed a wedding card for the daughter of a friend of her's. The wedding couple, she said, are outdoor enthusiasts and animal lovers.

Perfect opportunity to use the Animal Outing stamp set.
 I started by stamping the giraffe image onto Whisper White cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Using the silicone craft mat and the Stamparatus, it was a breeze to do a reverse stamped image.

To dress up the bride and groom, I found a piece of white tulle ribbon with pearls along each edge in my stash. Perfect for a veil! For the groom, I cut a piece of the black glitter ribbon and tied a piece of thick black Baker's Twine around it.

The heart was puched from a piece of retired glimmer paper. I stamped an arch of leaves using the branch stamp from Animal Outing and Soft Sea Foam and Shaded Spruce. The sentiment is also from Animal Outing, but I replaced the word "we" by stamping "you" from another set in Bermuda Bay on a scrap piece of Whisper White, then cut it out. It's popped up with a dimensional.

A Bermuda Bay mat under the image panel makes it stand out from the DSP from Serene Scenery (ret.). The card base is also Bermuda Bay.

To finish everything off, I added a sprinkling of Black Rhinestones to the branches.

What occasion do you have coming up in your life? Go visit Watercooler Wednesday and check out all the amazing creations from the other Watercooler Artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...