Wednesday, September 19, 2018

WWC188 - Helen's Masculine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/
Do you struggle with making cards for the men in your life? Well, this week the Watercooler Artists will give you a lot of inspiration!

I tend to gravitate to images and colours from nature when it comes to a masculine design. Lately, I've been somewhat obsessed - OK, a LOT obsessed - with making mono prints on a gelli plate. The papers are piling up and if I want to keep making them, I have to start using up the ones I've already done.

So I used a gelli-printed background for my card this week.
The background is what is called a clean-up print in gelli-world. That just means there were bits of paint left over from each print pulled from the plate, and not cleaning your plate in between pulls is a good thing! I used various colours of Golden Fluid acrylic paints.

For the trees, I used that fabulous line of bare branched trees from the Winter Woods stamp set, and stamped them in Early Espresso. The sentiment is from Colourful Seasons, and I stamped it first with Mossy Meadow and then traced over it with a fine point black Sharpie to make it stand out a bit more.

I like to back image panels with a fine border of black cardstock to make the colours pop. Next, I stamped the Buffalo Check background stamp with Mossy Meadow ink on the Mossy Meadow cardstock card base.

Visit Watercooler Wednesday and check out all the fabulous ideas!

4 comments:

  1. That Mossy Meadow ink worked beautifully for your Buffalo Check background, Gail. Certainly your wonderful Gelli panel stand out so very well against it. Love the Early Espresso for the bare branched trees. A lovely piece of art. And that sentiment is one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heidi. I need to use the Buffalo Check a lot more. I like using Early Espresso as it's a nice, rich colour and sometimes black is just a bit harsh.

      Delete
  2. I love your background Gail with the special interest it adds to the card.! It's amazing what can be created after the original print with all different mediums. A great card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen. Gelli prints open up a whole new world!

      Delete

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...