Wednesday, October 24, 2018

WWC193 - Tristan's All About Holidays Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/
There are holidays all through the year that are card-giving opportunities. This week, Tristan hosts our All About Holidays Challenge.

With December just around the corner, I have created a Christmas card.
As do most of my projects, this one also evolved from my original idea of using DSP with just a sentiment. When I was trying to pick one of the patterns from the Dashing Along DSP, my eye kept going to the green, star-shaped snowflakes. I was just itching to cut them out! So, I did.

To give them some sparkle, I applied some Copper Shimmer Paint to the edges with a sponge. Because I had poured some of the paint onto my craft sheet and still had some left, I didn't want to waste it. My eye fell on a piece of the Chicken Wire Elements.

Aha! I got the inspiration to turn the Chicken Wire Element fragment to copper. And, again, because I didn't want to waste the shimmer paint, I grabbed the Cherry Cobbler pattern from the DSP and sponged on top of that for a "two-fer". I'll use it on another project.
I loved the effect of the Copper Shimmer Paint on the DSP - so, onto my card it had to go! A little sponging around the edges with Cherry Cobbler ink helps to define it on the Crumb Cake card base.

For the top part of the card, I stamped the snowflakes from the Colourful Seasons stamp set randomly with Whisper White Craft Ink. I also sponged the edges with Whisper White.

Still not done with the copper theme, I embossed the sentiment from Timeless Tidings with copper embossing powder. It seemed to blend into all the other copper, so I used the fine tip journaling pen and just did a partial outline of each letter.

As a finishing touch, I used some retired star-shaped sequins in the center of each snowflake, and topped that off with a black rhinestone.

And - ta da! - another Christmas card done.

Now just visit Watercooler Wednesday for more ideas for your holiday card.
 

2 comments:

  1. I love the way you think outside the box, Gail. What a journey you took, creating this lovely card! The copper touches are absolutely stunning as are the colours which you combined. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heidi. More and more I find that I like to not have a clear idea of what I want to make. It's fun to just start with something and see what happens next!

    ReplyDelete

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...