Wednesday, October 31, 2018

WWC194 - Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/
Here we are with another Anything Goes Challenge. That means you can pick your theme, occasion, type of project. It's wide open!

Ever since I became obsessed with making mono prints on a gelatine plate, I've been exploring different ways to incorporate my Stampin' Up supplies into my gelli prints. For this challenge, I've used framelits, a stamp set and shimmer paint along with a gelli plate.
I used various acrylic paint colours to do a dark blue-green background. Then I used the Detailed Dragonfly thinlits to cut three masks from a window sheet. I placed the masks on the gelli plate and brayered a light green layer of paint over everything. The masks were removed and I placed the background I had already made over the plate. That produced the light green layer with the dark blue-green dragonfly silhouettes.

Next, I sponged Frost White Shimmer paint on the stamp from Dragonfly Dreams and stamped in the space left by the masks. The vine shapes are done with a stencil. Using a white Posca paint pen, I drew random circles and a border. The sentiment is from a Tim Holtz collection.
Want to see how the other Watercooler Artists interpret the Anything Goes Challenge? Just visit Watercooler Wednesday to check it out.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...