Wednesday, October 5, 2016

WWC88 - Heidi's Sketch Challenge

http://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.ca/
This week Heidi has given us a wonderful sketch challenge.
Usually, when I first see a sketch, a particular stamp set comes to mind.
Not this time. I was stumped, for some reason. Until I took out a whole bunch of stamp sets and started going through them. All of a sudden, the lightbulb went on! Yes, Pun Intended! Literally.

Once I knew the set I was using, the card practically made itself.
Pun Intended is a stamp set that can only be purchased with Stampin' Rewards. And it is well worth it. Here I used the lightbulb image, stamped with Archival Basic Black ink on Whisper White cardstock. I coloured the heart with a Real Red Stampin' Write Marker. After punching it out, I mounted it on a scallop circle punched from Crushed Curry with a sadly retired scallop punch. The rays behind the lightbulb image are stamped with the sun stamp from Kinda Eclectic.

The sentiment is also from Pun Intended. All in all, this is a pretty easy card to put together: 2 ink colours - Real Red and Archival Basic Black; 2 cardstock colours - Whisper White and Crushed Curry; 2 stamp sets - Pun Intended and Kinda Eclectic; and two punches - 1 3/8" circle punch and scallop circle punch.

What stamp set comes to mind when you look at this sketch? Check out the other Watercooler Artists were inspired by visiting the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge blog and link up your project.

1 comment:

  1. Gail, glad the light bulb went off because you really nailed this sketch challenge. I love this card and that stamp set is well worth it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...