Wednesday, October 19, 2016

WWC90 - Libby's Simply Stamping Challenge

http://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.ca/
It's time for one of my favourite challenges - Simply Stamping! I love that all it takes is some cardstock, some ink, some time and some imagination.

For this Simply Stamping Challenge, Libby chose a theme of Black on White - classic!
This challenge gave me  the opportunity to try an idea I'd been thinking about for a while. I love the Ghoulish Grunge stamp set, and there was one image in that set I had not used yet. It was time to ink up the spider web!
As you can see, I did not use this image in a way one might might suspect. I'm calling this The Zen-Tangled Web. Using my stamp positioning tool, I stamped the image with Archival Basic Black ink onto Thick Whisper White cardstock.

The web design is already laid out in sections, so it is perfect for this doodling technique. I used the fine tip Project Life journaling pen to do the doodling. Once it was all filled in, just the simple 'Hello' from the Tin of Cards stamp set was the perfect sentiment. Then I mounted it on a Basic Black cardstock card base.

Finished, this card measures 5 1/2" square.

Visit the Watercooler Wednesday blog to see what the other Watercooler Artists have  done with this Black on White Simply Stamping Challenge. They are all WOW cards! Link up your project to play along.

2 comments:

  1. Gail I'm a big fan of Zentangle and I have to say I'm always bowled over ever time I see an awesome image like yours. I would have never thought to use that image to create this spooky Zentangle web. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Penny! I haven't done a lot of Zentangle, but I really love doing it.

    ReplyDelete

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...