Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Feeling Vintage

Vintage and Shabby Chic seem to be the hot trends right now in the paper crafting world. I love the looks and have been experimenting. While I was creating this I thought it would make a good wedding card:





Here's what I used to make this:
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes, Four Frames (this is a sneak peek product from the new Idea Book and Catalogue coming out in July)
Ink: Crumb Cake, Soft Suede
Paper: Marina Mist, Very Vanilla, Botanical Gazette DSP (from the Occasions Mini, this is available until April 30)
Accessories: Blossom Petals Punch, Decorative Label Punch, Framed Tulips Embossing Folder, Crumb Cake Seam Binding (all of these are also from the Occasions Mini), Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint, Stamp-a-ma-jig

The Blossoms Petal Punch is a multi-shapes punch that allows you to punch out all the different sized elements to make up a flower. I punched out the largest petal shape and a medium petal shape using Very Vanilla card stock. Then I used a stylus to draw the lines and sponged Crumb Cake over the side with the raised impressions. With a sponge dauber, I dabbed on some Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint.

On the Framed Tulips embossed layer, I lightly sponged Crumb Cake over the raised image. Also randomly sponged Crumb Cake over the layer of Botanical Gazette DSP.

Using the scrolly-looking stamp from the Four Frames set, I inked it in Soft Suede and stamped on Very Vanilla. The sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes is all one line on the stamp and I wanted it in two lines. So I used the Stamp-a-ma-Jig and inked the first two words using a Soft Suede marker and stamped. Then did the same thing for the word "Newlyweds" and stamped it underneath. I sponged the edges with Soft Suede.

The Crumb Cake seam binding is so easy to work with. I usually avoid using ribbons on my projects because I have fat fingers that are not as nimble as they used to be! But I love the seam binding!! After tying the bow, I then frayed the ends and separated out a thread that I just pulled to create the bunching up effect. Using mini-glue dots, I stuck the ends down where I wanted them so they didn't float around. This is a technique I learned by watching a video posted by  SU demo Kimberly Diepen. The technique I used on the petals was from another SU demo - France Martin. Many demos very generously share their talents. Thank you!

I love how it turned out! Hope you are inspired to try the Vintage look. It's addicting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...