I used my treasured - and retired - Stampin' Up First Edition and Newsprint papers to make this. Sure wish those would come back!!!
Basically, I cut the paper into rough circles of various sizes - the bigger the circle, the bigger the flower. Then I cut each circle into a spiral and hot glued them to stay together and then hot glued them onto the cone. I used bigger flowers on the bottom and made them progressively smaller as I worked up the cone.
Interspersed among the flowers, I used mini yarn balls I made with baker's twine, hemp cord and floral wire. after seeing some tutorials on Pinterest. Using the same idea, I glued Basic Pearls onto Vintage Faceted buttons and then glued those onto floral wire and pushed them into the styrofoam. There are a few Basic Jewels Rhinestones scattered here and there and finishing off the top are two Frosted Finishes Embellishments stuck together with a glue dot.
Here are some close-ups: