Thursday, November 28, 2013

The Winter Tree

I have been a bit obsessed with making rolled paper flowers after seeing a wreath on Pinterest. So I started gluing them onto a styrofoam cone and ended up with this:


I used my treasured - and retired - Stampin' Up First Edition and Newsprint papers to make this. Sure wish those would come back!!!

Basically, I cut the paper into rough circles of various sizes - the bigger the circle, the bigger the flower. Then I cut each circle into a spiral and hot glued them to stay together and then hot glued them onto the cone. I used bigger flowers on the bottom and made them progressively smaller as I worked up the cone.

Interspersed among the flowers, I used mini yarn balls I made with baker's twine, hemp cord and floral wire. after seeing some tutorials on Pinterest. Using the same idea, I glued Basic Pearls onto Vintage Faceted buttons and then glued those onto floral wire and pushed them into the styrofoam. There are a few Basic Jewels Rhinestones scattered here and there and finishing off the top are two Frosted Finishes Embellishments stuck together with a glue dot.

Here are some close-ups:                                                    
Top section.

Mid-section.


2 comments:

  1. These are lovely! Hope your year has been full of good things. Remember you fondly! Merry Everything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gail, I LOVE this and am going to pin it and hopefully remember to CASE it!

    ReplyDelete

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...