Thursday, October 23, 2014

Hopping again!


Welcome to the last stop on the Hop. If you are following in order, you've just been wowed by Stefanie's awsome projects. I'm the last stop but because the Hop is circular, you can keep going and do another round if you want.

I have two Christmas projects to share. The first one is a tile I stamped with the Christmas Bauble stamp. I've been wanting to use Blendabilities on a tile since I got them and since I had this tile in my stash, this is the perfect time to use it.


I used Old Olive, Coastal Cabana, Daffodil Delight and Cherry cobbler.

Next up is a really quick project that would be easy to do multiples of. I used scraps of Designer Series Paper to make a collection of Christmas candles.





I used the smallest star from Bright and Beautiful and embossed with gold embossing powder on Hello Honey cardstock. At the bottom I used my Fringe Scissors on a strip of Garden Green and wrapped gold Baker's Twine around it. The sentiment is from Endless Wishes.

If you click on the 'Next' button you will go back to the beginning.

http://mytanglewoodcottage.com http://www.craftymedic.blogspot.cahttp://wackywatercoolerstamping.blogspot.com

10 comments:

  1. Love the tile idea and the stars for the flames on the candles. Clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gail, what beautiful cards. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing your projects Gail!! I love the tile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea we could color on tile with Blendabilities...what a great idea! It's beautiful; thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great projects, I have a tile just waiting to be stamped on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gail you always teach me something. Clever and beautiful idea using stars for the candle flames. Love the entire design for that candle card. Perfect for the holiday season fast approaching. Will have to CASE that notion too for a Hanukkah card come the season. Thanks too for showing us how perfectly that single ornament stamp will light up a tile. That's been a popular image this hop. Funny isn't it how that happens. Our ties through the watercooler must have more subliminal levels than we know. Hugs and love...see you round the watercooler my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Gail, thanks so much for taking the time to join us for the blog hop, despite your upheaval in moving. It's such a pleasure to see your lovely projects again. And when I say lovely, I'm not just using the word lightly. That tile is great! I would never have thought to use my Blendabilities on a tile (and you know how I have few qualms about trying new things). The colours are so bright and perfect, too. I really didn't think the alcohol markers would be a good fit for tiles. This is exciting! I want to go and buy a tile RIGHT NOW and try this out.

    Your card offers another great way to use up pieces of DSP. I may just be getting rid of quite a bit of my pile with your idea and Jackie's. Using the stars as the flames for your candles, especially embossed with gold, brilliant. Expect to be CASEd. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for enabling me to go buy some more tiles, Gail!! :) I've been dying to try my Blendie's on tile, so you've convinced me to quit stalling. Did you coat the tile with a sealant afterwards? Love the candles card - very unique idea using the stars as flames. Thanks for sharing you wonderful creations :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gail, that tile is spectacular. I don't have the guts to try one, but really like how yours turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great pair of projects, Gail - love the bright colors and the clever candles!

    ReplyDelete

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...