Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Watercooler Wednesday WWC55 - Jean's Colour Challenge

http://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.ca/




This week we have a lovely colour challenge for you, courtesy of Jean. I love these colours together and I love the ring that inspired her to use these colours. Thanks, Jean for a fun challenge! Take a look:
I have to admit I had another idea for my card - but it didn't work out the way I had anticipated. Mostly because I spent at least half an hour trying to silver emboss the sea star stamp from Picture Perfect before realizing I was trying to emboss with glitter!

After I dug out the silver embossing powder - which worked wonderfully! - I then tried to do the emboss resist technique with each of the colours. But - the design of the stamp did not lend itself to this technique.

By this time it was getting late in the evening. So my next try was to ink up the E block with stripes of each of the ink colours, spritzed it with water and 'stamped' it onto a piece of Whisper White cardstock.

I didn't like the results. Thought I didn't use enough water, maybe? So, inked up the block again, spritzed with more water and stamped it on the other side of the piece of Whisper White cardstock.

Still didn't like the results! Finally, I did what I should have done all along - used watercolour paper! After all, isn't that what it's for?

It was so easy - spritzed a bit of water directly onto the watercolour paper. Used my aquapainter to do a wash of each colour in the same order they are on the ring: Pacific Point, Mint Macaron, Tempting Turquoise, Perfect Plum, Pacific Point.

I fussy cut the sea star, popped it up on dimensionals, stamped the sentiment from Picture Perfect, matted it on Whisper White CS and then onto a Pacific Point card base.

And, Ta-Da - one finished challenge project!


Stay tuned to see what I did with the project that didn't work out. And grab your stamp pads and show us your colours! Check out what the Watercooler Artists have done at the Watercooler Wednesday blog.

1 comment:

  1. Gail, this is beautiful! I LOVE your watercolor wash! Great job.

    ReplyDelete

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...