Wednesday, August 10, 2016

WWC80 - Heidi's CAS Water Theme

http://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.ca/
We have another CAS - as in Clean and Simple  - challenge this week,  with a theme of Water.
Doesn't that image just make you want to dive right in? Well - I have to admit, this one had me stumped. I turned over a lot of ideas in my brain and nothing I could come up with seemed just right.

So, as often happens with me, the days slid by and suddenly it was Monday - deadline day! Sometimes I need that last minute pressure I guess. So I grabbed the "I" block - that's the one that measures 5 7/8"x 2 1/4" and this is what happened:
Starting at the top of the block, along the long side, I inked it up by rubbing the Tempting Turquoise stamp pad right onto the block. Next, I used Island Indigo, and finally, at the bottom, finished up with Dapper Denim.

Next, spritz water onto the ink until it beads up. Then stamp it right onto Whisper White cardstock. I like to hold the block in place for a minute or so to give the ink a chance to spread out.

I love watching the ink spread! This technique is so fun because you never know how it will turn  out.

I made sure it was really dry before stamping the sea star stamp from Picture Perfect with Versamark ink and covering with Copper Embossing Powder. You can use your heat tool to dry the ink, if you don't have time to let it air dry.

The Picture Perfect stamp set is a multi-step set, but I only used one layer of the Sea Star. The sentiment is also from that set. And, if you noticed the darker dots - they are from the Playful Backgrounds stamp set, done with Island Indigo ink. A few spatters of Tempting Turquoise finish things off.

It's easy to play along. Visit the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge Blog to check out what the other Watercooler Artists have done, then link up your entry.

It's fun to see all the creativity each week from all of you! 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Gail I'm loving your beach/water card. The star fish is amazing with the Copper Embossing on it and I love how the water seems to be dancing. Great technique. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Penny! I'm really liking all the copper products.

      Delete

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...