Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Watercooler Wednesday Challenge #139 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

http://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.ca/
For this week's challenge, Kath has given us a Feminine Anything Goes Challenge.
When a new catalogue comes out, it's easy to get caught up in the excitement of new stuff. The Holiday Catalogue has a lot of great new stuff, and much of it would certainly work for a feminine theme.

But, as I was looking through my stamp sets, my eye fell on Rose Wonder, which has a beautifully large image of a rose with a couple of leaves. It's all that is needed to make a big impact on a feminine card.
I stamped the image on Whisper White cardstock with Archival Basic Black ink, then coloured it with Peek-a-boo Peach, Flirty Flamingo, Mint Macaron and Cucumber Crush.

That could have stood on its own very nicely, but this stamp set has a co-ordinating set of framelits. So I used the new Champagne Foil to cut the image outline. I think it sets things off beautifully.

The sentiment, from Picture Perfect, is stamped with Tranquil Tide to match the card base. And that's all there is to it.

To see how the other Watercooler Artists have interpreted this challenge, visit Watercooler Wednesday. You have until Monday, October 9 at 5:00 p.m. Mountain Daylight Time to link up your project.

2 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan of Rose Wonder and always love seeing cards made with it. Yours is no exception. I like the CAS lines and your gorgeous rich colour blend. I also love that you cut out the outline with the Champagne Foil Sheet, beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, Gail, your talent in watercolouring is showing. What a beautiful rose, delicately coloured. To top it off with the layer of Champagne die-cut puts it into the "wow" class. This would make a stunning stained glass ornament in one's window.

    ReplyDelete

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...