Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Watercooler Wednesday Challenge #153 - Gail's Masculine Anything Goes Challenge

http://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.ca/
We're back with another Masculine Anything Goes Challenge, hosted by yours truly.
For my card this week, I used one of the new products from the 2018 Occasions Catalogue - Brushos Crystal Colour. And I paired it with the Layering Leaves embossing folder for a fun effect.
This technique is super easy. Simply choose your Brusho colours: I used Moss Green and Gamboge. Sprinkle the colour crystals directly onto the embossing folder. I sprinkle it on the debossed side of the folder. Spritz with water and place your cardstock onto the activated colour crystals.

When using Brushos, it's best to use a cardstock that can handle a lot of water, such as watercolour paper or Shimmery White cardstock, which is what I used.

I then used the Large Letters Framelits to die-cut the word YOU from the patterned cardstock, once it was dry. I also cut the word YOU three more times from Basic Black cardstock, glued them all together, then glued them to the patterned letters.

Here's a side-view:
 

The hats were stamped with Early Espresso ink on Whisper White cardstock, then fussy cut. I used Mini Dimensionals to pop up a hat on each letter. Both the hats and the sentiment are from Guy Greetings.

I used Always Artichoke for the card base. Do you think the pattern almost looks like camouflage?

Check out Watercooler Wednesday for more inspiration for your masculine-themed projects.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful eclipse card Gail. I like how you used the brushos for your colouring and yes it does look like camoflage. Those little hats on the letters are a cute touch. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...