Wednesday, July 11, 2018

WWC178 - Crystal's All About Occasions Challenge

http://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/
This week our newest design team member, Crystal, hosts her first challenge at the Watercooler.
Throughout the year there are a lot of occasions in our lives that are card-worthy. A congratulations card could cover many of those occasions - such as a new house.

My Mom had asked me to make a card she could give to a friend's daughter after she bought a house on a lake. Naturally, I pulled out my Waterfront stamp set.
I started by stamping the trees randomly on the Crumb Cake card  base with Crumb Cake ink. For the image panel, I used watercolour paper and just did a very simple mountain range with Crumb Cake, stamped off. The little houses are done in Soft Suede and the trees are Always Artichoke, stamped off, with just the tips of the trees inked up.

For the colour variations in the water, I used the stamp from High Tide with Pool Party and Bermuda Bay inks. The birds are also from High Tide. To create a frame for the scene, I used the doodle-like stamp from the retired Tin of Cards stamp set in Tranquil Tide. The panel is mounted on Tranquil Tide.

Check out Watercooler Wednesday for more inspiration from the Watercooler Artists.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...