Wednesday, November 30, 2016

WWC96 - Gail's Special Fold Challenge

It's my turn to host this week's challenge. I decided to really challenge myself and pick something I don't do a lot of - Special Folds.
A special fold that is popular right now is one called Pop Up Panel. I have watched several videos showing how it is done, and the one I found the most easily followed was done by Dawn Griffith, also a Stampin' Up demonstrator.

Recently, one of my sisters was visiting, and it just happened to be her birthday while she was here. So I took the opportunity to make her a Special Fold birthday card.

Here is the front:
I also dug into my hoard - uh - stash of favourite retired cardstock to use for the cardbase and ink. Lost Lagoon is just the best shade of blue! And it goes really well with the silver foil dotted pattern from the Halloween Night Specialty Designer Series Paper.

The image is stamped on Whisper White cardstock, using Lost Lagoon and Archival Basic Black inks. The images are from Touches of Texture and the sentiment is from Rose Wonder. I used markers in Daffodil Delight and Old Olive to colour the flowers and leaves.

Are you ready to see the inside?
My sister loves cats, so it was a purr-fect chance to use the Pretty Kitty stamp set. It took a variety of markers to colour each panel as I wanted each kitty to be a different colour. The grass image is from Sitting Here.

Here is a close-up of the kitties:
This really was a fun card to make and I hope you will give it a try. Or, any one of the other fantastic fold projects done by the other Watercooler Artists you can see at the Watercooler Wednsday Blog.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Gail, what a purrrrrfect special fold card you created with the Pretty Kitty stamp set. I just love it. What a great card for your sister's birthday, and I know what a cat lover you are too. I agree, Dawn's video just makes this card so easy to create and yours is such a WOW from the outside to the inside. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing and hosting this special challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! Gail, this is too gorgeous for words. What a surprise to see the kittens inside. This fold is high on my list to try out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bronwyn. I thought about putting a kitten on the front, but then thought it would be a total suprise is the front was different. Glad it worked!

      Delete

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...