Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Watercooler Wednesday Challenge #123 - Marsha's Fireworks Challenge

Marsha is our host for this week's challenge, and she has given us a really fun theme to work with.
We're coming up to a time of year that will see fireworks used to celebrate occasions and milestones in many places around the world. Here in Canada, July 1 is known as Canada Day:
 
Canada Day in Canada
On July 1, 1867, Canada became a self-governing dominion of Great Britain and a federation of four provinces: Nova Scotia; New Brunswick; Ontario; and Quebec. The anniversary of this date was called Dominion Day until 1982. Since 1983, July 1 has been officially known as Canada Day.

This year is the 150th birthday of our country - and it's a good bet there will be fireworks somewhere!  That's what I was thinking of when I created this OH, happy day! card.

I used a retired stamp set from a few years ago called Build a Bouquet. These images are meant to be layered in a two-step stamping technique to create flowers. But, I think they make great fireworks.

I used three of the brand new In Colors: Lemon Lime Twist and Berry Burst for the smaller images and Powder Pink for the large image.  The Berry Burst images were stamped off three times to get the different shades.

Using the Copper Thread, I wound it around my fingers several times and secured it with a Mini Glue Dot in the middle of the Lemon Lime Twist images, then cut the loops. One of the new Gold Faceted Gems covers up the glue dot.
The Watercooler Artists have outdone themselves with this challenge and there are some really creative interpretations of the Fireworks Theme Challenge. Visit Watercooler Wednesday and I am sure you will agree!
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Gail I love your unique take on this fireworks card. Your beautiful bursts of colour work really well with the white background and really make you feel like the sky is alive. Great card! Can't wait for Canada this year. Viewing the Vancouver fireworks from the mountain top...............should be fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Penny. These flowers do make great fireworks. Haven't heard if there will be fireworks over here on July 1. Enjoy!

      Delete
  2. What a great idea to use the images from the Build a Bouquet set. Don't they work perfectly! This really does look like a celebration. Looking forward to seeing the display they come up with this year in our area. Everyone is busy getting ready for July 1st.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heidi. I don't think I've used this set to actually make flowers - LOL. Enjoy the festivities!

      Delete
  3. That stamp set worked out great for fireworks. I love the "Oh Happy Day" stamp set as well. Perfect for this challenge. Beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather. I've this set for a while and it's the first thing that popped into my head when I was thinking about this challenge.

      Delete

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...