Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Watercooler Wednesday Challenge #125 - Kath's Christmas Challenge

http://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.ca/

It's time for another Christmas challenge, hosted this week by Kath. But she has thrown us a curve ball! We have to use non-traditional colours.
I remembered I had some of the 6 x 6 Glimmer Paper in some fun colours from this year's Sale-a-Bration. Also, I wanted to use Lemon Lime Twist - one of our yummy new In Color collection this year. It would work, I thought, with the Mint Macaron Glimmer Paper. Take a look:
 First, I stamped the pine branch from Christmas Pines using Lemon Lime Twist, stamped off once, onto Whisper White cardstock. The greeting, from the same set is stamped in Tranquil Tide.

After cutting out the ornament from the Delicate Ornaments Thinlits, I then used some mini-glue dots to secure it to a piece of Copper Foil, trimmed to the same shape. I love how the Glimmer Paper looks against the Copper Foil:

A piece of Copper Ribbon was wrapped around the Whisper White piece, and I used some Linen Thread to hang the ornament from it.

The cardbase is Tranquil Tide. Hmmmm - I seem to be using these two colours, Lemon Lime Twist and Tranquil Tide, together a lot. They just work so well together!

Now, just visit the Watercooler Wednesday blog to see what non-traditional colours the other 'Cooler Artists have use, then show us your combinations.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Gail that's the spirit and way to capture the "non traditional colour" challenge this week. I love how you used the new Incolours along with the Mint Macaroon and Copper foils. Great mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Penny. I really love Lemon Lime Twist and thought the pine branches were perfect for it.

    ReplyDelete

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...