Wednesday, October 3, 2018

WWC190 - Gail's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/
We come again to a Feminine Anything Goes Challenge. The feminine part is self-explanatory, but do you know what the 'anything goes' part means? That means you can do things other than a card, such as a journal page, a 3-D item, etc.

As I've mentioned before, I've been really fascinated by gelli printing. So that's what I started with for this week's project - a piece of printer paper that I had created a background on using autumn colours of acrylic paint.

And then I just built on that!
Because I was going for a fall theme, I thought about using the leaf dies from Seasonal Layers Thinlits. I cut them from Mossy Meadow, Crushed Curry, Merry Merlot and Copper Foil.

To add detail to the background, I stenciled some script in random places using Paynes Gray paint.

Then I got the idea of a wall made from fall-coloured bricks. First I used embossing paste and the brick wall stencil. Once that was dry, I coloured the bricks with various colours of Stampin' Blends.

To do the sentiment, rather than trying to stamp it over the bricks, I stamped it on tissue paper with Early Espresso ink, then tore it out and adhered it with some matte medium. Tearing the tissue paper avoids having a straight line show where the tissue paper ends. The matte medium makes the tissue paper disappear and all that is visible is the sentiment, which is from Colourful Seasons.

Here's a closeup of the bricks and leaves. I used some retired embellishments on the leaves.
I matted the image panel with Merry Merlot, and the card base is Crumb Cake. This card is 5x7, and part of a collection of 4 that I made for a fund raiser for the local Arts Council. They had called for 5x7 art cards and did not want a sentiment inside. I did decorate the inside, as well as the envelope.

So, let your imagination go! You might be surprised where it will take you. Check out Watercooler Wednesday for projects from the rest of the team.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely Fall card Gail. You really are into the artsy look with this one. I love the brick background and all its colour layers. I'm really in love with the inside of the card and it's layered stamping as well as your envelope. Nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Penny! I had lots of fun with this one.

      Delete
  2. Wow! What an amazing background you have created, Gail! It is the perfect background for you leaves, or I can imagine, many different images! Love the delicate envelope! I really must stamp more of my envelopes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen! I haven't used embossing paste for a while so this seemed like a perfect opportunity.

      Delete

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...