Wednesday, October 10, 2018

WWC191 - Charlotte's All About Occasions Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/
For Charlotte's All About Occasions Challenge this week, I have a really simple card. I came across a piece of watercolour paper on which I had done a smoosh technique.

What is the smoosh technique you ask? To do it, spread ink directly onto an acrylic stamping block, spritz with water then lay a piece of watercolour paper  over it. This is a really easy and fun way to create a background. Then, it's just a matter of adding an image and a sentiment. Like this:
Colours I used for the background are Lemon Lime Twist and Tranquil Tide. After it dried, I randomly sprinkled drops of water then blotted with a paper towel to create the lighter spots.

The tree is from Rooted in Nature and I love the wonky look of it. I stamped the tree with Shaded Spruce and Soft Suede. The sentiment from Wetlands is also stamped in Soft Suede.

I mounted the panel on a piece of Basic Black cardstock so it has just a tiny black border all the way around.

The card base is Thick Whisper White. To give it some interest, I used the leaf embossing dies from Nature's Roots Thinlits set. Hopefully, it will show in this close up:
Now it's your turn to show us your occasions card. Check out Watercooler Wednesday for more inspiration.
 

2 comments:

  1. I love this gorgeous background, Gail! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Helen! I love this technique - you never know what you will get.

    ReplyDelete

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...