Wednesday, February 13, 2019

WWC208 - Charlotte's All About Occasions Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/
This week's challenge from Charlotte is a perfect chance to use some new things I just got from the 2019 Occasions Catalogue.

Sometimes, when I get a new stamp set, I like to just play around and randomly stamp images. So, I opened the Beauty Abounds set and an assortment of ink pads. There was a scrap of Whisper White cardstock on my table that looked the perfect size to experiment on.

Next thing I knew, I had something I really liked! Take a look:
Since I needed to make thank you cards, I used the 'thanks' sentiment from the stamp set. Colours used are: Highland Heather, Gorgeous Grape, Mango Melody, Blushing Bride, Powder Pink, Granny Apple Green, and Poppy Parade.

Wow - that's a lot of colours in one little piece!

I matted the image panel onto Gorgeous Grape. Confession: I didn't plan to mount it askew - the piece slipped when I turned it upside down to rub the back and by the time I realized it, the glue had set. So - I went with it.

Since I had more new things to play with, I wrapped it with the new Old Olive Linen Thread. I already love this stuff! To finish it off, I used a Floral Romance Seal.

The DSP is from Botanical Butterfly, which is one of the awesome offerings in the Sale-a-Bration brochure. A card base of Gorgeous Grape finishes it all off.

Have an occasion coming up that you need a card for? If you need inspiration just visit Watercooler Wednesday

4 comments:

  1. What a pretty thank you card. Lovely choice of colours and perfect additional of the thread and seal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tristan. I love purple and usually use it with green rather than yellow. That thread and those seals are going to be favourites, I can tell!

      Delete
  2. Gail, this is gorgeous! I love the colour combinations. What a happy accident that your layer went askew - it looks like you meant it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb! Sometimes accidents are happy. I still want to straighten it out when I look at it, which is odd as I never usually worry about things being perfectly symmetrical.

      Delete

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...