Sunday, May 2, 2010

Dogs and Stamping!

What a fun weekend! Yesterday I spent the day at a Fun Match with some friends from the Crowsnest Pass and Lundbreck. Judi ( http://sawhda.blogspot.com/ and http://shadowbarshepherds.blogspot.com/ ) was judging at the event which was held at Paws on the Run. I got to meet her new Shelty pup, Drummer Boy. He's only 19 weeks old (I think) but he sure is a bright and cheerful little guy and can already do some obedience and Rally. Here he is doing his down/stay.

What is a Fun Match you ask? It is a practice dog show. It's an opportunity for handlers and their dogs to do the same routine they would do at a dog show with a similar type of set up and a judge. It gives them an idea of what still needs to be worked on and what is working well.


Judi also brought two of her German shepherds, Swayze and Mesa.

My friend Sharlet brought her GSD Ryder, but for some reason I didn't get a picture of him yesterday! He is such a nice dog and has stayed at my house, along with Sharlet. He is a joy to have around and gets along very well with my mini-dachshund, Milo and my cat, Jack. This is a photo of Sharlet and Ryder that I took last November at the Lethbridge Dog Show.



And now for the stamping part!

I had the whole month of April to do the colour challenge issued by my upline, Lisa. Inspiration eluded me for the whole month. I finally started working on my project at 9 p.m. Friday night. I had to have it finished and posted by midnight! Made it just under the wire.


I decided to make a Flowerpot card. The challenge was to use So Saffron, Dusty Durango and Old Olive. For a neutral I went with Sahara Sand. I'm liking that colour a whole lot.


The ruffled flower was done by punching So Saffron and Dusty Durango cardstock with the Scallop Circle Punch. Ran them through the paper crimper many times and then crumpled and scrunched them until the layers pulled apart. Piled the layers on top of each other and held together with a brad.


For the other flowers I used various sizes of circle punches. Ran them through the crimper and scrunched then pulled layers apart. The So Saffron flower is held together by sewing a button from Button Latte on it using Linen Thread and a needle. The Dusty Durango flower is held together with a brad from Vintage Brads.

I stamped the Happy Mother's Day sentiment on Sahara Sand with Dusty Durango and punched out with the Word Window Punch. It's mounted on the Modern Label punched out of Old Olive.


For texture on the bottom of the pot, I stamped in Sahara Sand Classic Ink with the Sanded background stamp. The edge of the "rim" is done with the Eyelet Border Punch. I used Linen Thread to tie it around the Very Vanilla Taffeta ribbon.


And now I better get some of the chores done that I didn't do yesterday! But, I figure chores can always wait and I would rather spend time with friends I don't get to see very often. And of course, anything to do with dogs is too much for me to resist!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...