Sunday, May 16, 2010

Summer Mini Madness!

There are so many things I love about the Summer Mini Catalogue. To see what's in it, click on the link to the left to go to my Stampin' Up web site or click here .

The first thing I want to share with you today is another project using the Elements of Style stamp set. Can you tell I really, really like it? Here is what I used to make this:

Stamps: Elements of Style, Sincere Salutations
Paper: Sahara Sand, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Rich Razzleberry, So Saffron, Regal Rose, Old Olive, Mellow Moss, Sahara Sand
Accessories: Big Shot, Top Note Die, Square Lattice Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, markers, Aqua Painter, sponge, Wide Oval Punch, Large Oval Punch


And here is how I did it:
First, I stamped the big flower image from Elements of Style using Close to Cocoa ink on Sahara Sand cardstock. I then coloured it using my favourite watercolour technique and Stampin' Up markers. Then I ran it through the Big Shot using the Top Note Die. I trimmed it following the line of perforations left by the die. I put it through the Big Shot again, this time using the Square Lattice Textured Impressions folder. Love the texture this creates! Using a sponge, I rubbed Sahara Sand ink all over it. This gives it even more texture and depth.


I mounted this image on Old Olive cardstock. Now, because I like to try to use every scrap, I took the cut-out left over from using the Top Note die, and placed it around the image. Because I had trimmed the image, this leaves a nice border of Old Olive showing through, and nothing gets wasted! This was then mounted on the card base of Rich Razzleberry.


The sentiment from Sincere Salutations was stamped on Sahara Sand using Rich Razzleberry ink and punched out with the Large Oval Punch. It was mounted on Rich Razzleberry punched out with the Wide Oval Punch. "Thinking of You" is a sentiment that could be used for many different occasions.


CASEing Shelli
I have been faithfully following the experiences of Shelli Gardner, co-founder and CEO of Stampin' Up, as she criss-crosses the continent conducting a series of Workshops of a Lifetime. Several demonstrators in Canada and the US won the privilege of having Shelli visit their homes and actually conduct a workshop! I can just imagine what an awesome event it would be, to watch Shelli do a workshop.


On her blog, So Shelli, she writes about each workshop and posts the projects for each one. They are always inspiring and amazingly simple yet striking at the same time. Perfect to do for Make 'n Takes. I just had to CASE this next project.


Here are the supplies used:
Stamps: Favourite Thoughts, Tropical Party
Paper: Whisper White, Taken With Teal, Island Oasis DSP
Ink: Old Olive
Accessories: 5-Petal Punch, Big Shot, Square Lattice Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, mat pack, paper pierceing tool, brad (non-SU)




This card was very quick and easy to make. In fact, I did several of them and used all of the stamps in the Favourite Thoughts stamp set. I had to make a couple of substitutions. Shelli had used Tempting Turquoise for her flowers, a colour I don't have but will be ordering soon, as the Taken With Teal that I used will be discontinued soon. I also didn't have yellow SU brad to use for the centre of the flower.

For the flowers, I ran a piece of cardstock through the Big Shot, using the Square Lattice Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and then punched out the flowers with the 5-Petal Punch.

The pattern from Island Oasis Designer Series Paper really lends itself to this design, as it is perfect for cutting in a strip.

I'm going to send one of these cards to each of my 5 sisters. If any of them are reading this, watch your mail closely!

If you like what you've seen here, there are many more great products in the Summer Mini Catalogue. Products can be ordered from this mini until August 31.

Thanks for stopping by and Have a Very Stamping Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...