Sunday, May 2, 2010

Summer Mini Catalogue now available!

Just had to do another post tonight to let you know the new Summer Mini Catalogue is now available. Just click on the picture to go to my Stampin' Up web site, then click on Shop Now and you can view this catalogue as well as all the other current catalogues.

If you would like to book a workshop and earn free product and cool hostess gifts, contact me to set one up for you.

You can also order on-line through my Stampin' Up web site.

The first thing that caught my eye and that I just knew I had to have was the Elements of Style stamp set. It is gorgeous and has so many possibilites! Here is the very first card I created with this set. I can't claim it as an original design. It is a total CASE (Copy And Share Everything) of a card done by Heather Mills in the Shabby Chic style.



Stamps: Elements of Style, Teeny Tiny Wishes, Sanded Background Stamp
Paper: Pretty in Pink, Close to Cocoa, Sahara Sand
Ink: Sahara Sand, Close to Cocoa and markers in So Saffron, Old Olive, Pretty in Pink
Accessories: Aqua Painter, Very Vintage Brads, Scallop Border Punch, Word Window Punch, Very Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon, Linen Thread, Bone Folder, sponges
Technique: watercolouring, distressing, sponging

I stamped the flower image using Close to Cocoa Classic Ink on Sahara Sand cardstock. With the markers, I scribbled them on top of a plastic stamp case and picked up the colour with the Aqua Painter. This makes the colours very subtle, like watercolour painting. It's also easy to build up shading with this technique.

To do the distressing, I used the Bone Folder to rough up the edges and create the folds and tears. Using a sponge dauber, I dragged the Very Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon across the Sahara Sand ink pad to dirty it up a bit.

I love this look and this stamp set. Check back to see what else I've done with it!

2 comments:

  1. hi Gail!
    Jolene again, I didn't get those pictures, did you send them?
    Sorry for posting on here , I don't know your e-mail address!
    mine again is onecollie2002@yahoo.com
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Card Gail. Thanks for the tips on coloring and distressing.

    ReplyDelete

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...