Wednesday, January 2, 2019

WWC202 - Dawn's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/
Welcome to our first challenge of 2019! Dawn brings us a Feminine Anything Goes Challenge.

For a few months now I've been obsessed with a new crafting tool - the gelli plate. It is a soft, squishy surface that does the most amazing things and is used to make mono prints.

Typically, they are used with acrylic paints. I'd been thinking for a while about trying my Stampin' Up inks on it. So, when I got down to making my card for this challenge, I thought - why not give it a try? And I love the results!
 I used my 3" x 5" gelli plate and brayered Granny Apple Green, Mango Melody and Balmy Blue onto it.  Then I placed a piece of Whisper White cardstock on top of it to pick up the ink. Love the way the WW cardstock works for this technique!

I  used the circles from Playful Backgrounds to stamp some texture in each of the three colours. For the focal image, I thought black would look too harsh so I went with Blackberry Bliss - my most favourite of all the returning colours. The sentiment and dancing lady are both from Beautiful You.

Then, it was an easy choice to use Blackberry Bliss for the card base. And that was it! I had so much fun doing this background I did a few more and you may see them pop up on my blog in the weeks to come.

Now go  to Watercooler Wednesday and see how the rest of the team is starting the new year.

4 comments:

  1. the blending works so well and gorgeous combo of colours. I love this image-both powerful and feminine at the same time. Great to be your GD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Sandie! It's great to have you on the team!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your gelli plate background, Gail! And the colours are gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb! It's such an easy way to do these backgrounds.

      Delete

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...