Wednesday, January 16, 2019

WWC204 - Gail's Masculine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/
It's my turn to be host this week for the Masculine Anything Goes Challenge.

Looking for inspiration, my eye fell on a jar of silver embossing paste, and I realized I hadn't used it in quite a while. Then, I went through a stack of long-retired stamps and pulled out one I really like - but, again, hadn't used recently.

And, this is what happened:
On a piece of Whisper White cardstock, I first stamped the Off the Grid stamp randomly with Gray Granite. I used the brick stencil with the silver embossing paste.

Since I had no idea what theme this card would be, I started going through my stamp sets and when I came to the Animal Outing set, the light bulb went on!

The rhinoceros is second generation stamping to make a lighter image, and the sentiment is full  strength. To make the frame around the image, I embossed some Galvanized Foil with the Corrugated embossing folder and cut thin strips from it.

Mounting it all onto a Gray Granite card base finished off the monochromatic look.

Take a look at Watercooler Wednesday for more inspiration and then show us your masculine design.

4 comments:

  1. What great bold framing of that fabulous rhino image, Gail ... the dimension and texture are brilliant! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anita! I must use that embossing paste more.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful mixed media card and the design is fabulous and so creative x.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mac. It kind of evolved as I was creating - love when that happens!

      Delete

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...